Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Special time with my great-granddaughter


 My granddaughter started this quilt maybe 10 years ago!!! During that time she entered the army, got married, had a baby girl. So she has been really busy.

Yesterday she came over with her little one and worked on her forever quilt, machine quilting on my Juki.

And I got to have some one on one time with my great-granddaughter. It was a great day.

You can see my granddaughter in the background quilting.
And check out that serious face on our GGD!!!💟

Bailey didn't know what to think about the little human!!!

My favorite photo by far, the two checking each other out closely!!!

We made some progress on the quilting. Next time she is down in our area we will work on it again. I have a sewing machine for her to take when the family moves to Texas. I need to get it cleaned and serviced so it will be ready for the long trek to the new home.

Hope you enjoyed the photos!!!
Take care
Martha


2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that your granddaughter is persevering to complete her quilt! No doubt she has limited time for quiltmaking these days, but it worked out perfectly for her to visit and for you to great-grand-babysit! Wow. A great granddaughter! I can only hope that someday I'll be in your shoes. Guaranteed that if I'm able, I'll be making cute little girl clothes - I didn't get that chance having four grandsons! It's nice of you to send along a sewing machine with her to Texas. You're the kind of grandma we all admire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am happy that she still wants to sew. I have been trying to teach the 9 year old granddaughter to sew too but she isn't really that interested, not like her cousin was at the same age. I will soon try again though. Maybe it will be more interesting to her when she gets a bit older. I do hope you get some great grands one day. We still cannot believe that we are great-grandparents!!! :^)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(