Tuesday, December 14, 2021

A Very Nisse Christmas quilt-free motion quilting on my Juki

 


I decided to try and get this little Nisse (Norwegian Gnome) quilt
finished for this year.


Here he is all pinned and ready to go. But how to quilt it??



I decided to try spirals which I am miserable at. However, the only way
 I will get better is to practice. And I learned that the best way to practice
is to do the quilting on an actual quilt. 
So here you go.

Not the best but I am kind of learning the swing of things.
Hopefully by the time I am done with this little quilt the last spirals will
look a lot better than the first. 



Most people who will be seeing this little Christmas Nisse quilt 
won't have a clue as to how bad my quilting looks!!

hahahahaha

oh my

take care friends and 
HAVE A VERY MERRY AND BLESSED CHRISTMAS!!!

martha








7 comments:

  1. Those spirals look just fine to me! I've never gotten the hang of them, don't even attempt them any more. He's a cute little Nisse! Wishing you a blessed Christmas and a happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I do really hope they get better, I see others doing them and they look awesome!!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas too!!!

      Delete
  2. I don't think it looks bad at all, it's darling and the little spirals look like it's snowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin, that was what I was hoping for, the appearance of snowing!! I appreciate the postive feedback!!!

      Delete
  3. I think you've done a very nice job of quilting this. Don't belittle your efforts! And to be honest, I call this type of quilting "snail trails." A spiral is where you start to quilt a circle and then keep spiraling until you reach the outside edge of the quilt. (Hope you don't mind me explaining this.) Nonetheless, you're right about learning/practicing on an actual quilt. Good for you to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I like the name "snail trails" except when I see them in my garden!!! hahahahaha I appreciate the explanation. I am realizing that if I slow down they do look a bit better. With all the Christmas preparations I haven't had any time to quilt, so my new goal is a minimum of 15 minutes a day. This retirement duty is wearing on me but I am sure I will soon get the hang of it. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!!! We actually had snow on Christmas Day. Hasn't done that in a long time!!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(