Sunday, October 3, 2021

T-shirt quilt=DONE!!!!!

 


I love the way this quilt turned out and the owner is in love too!!
Very thankful to have it done and she is thrilled to have her loved t-shirts back home.
I learned a lot making this quilt. It is a lot of work when working with t-shirt fabric and quilting through the rubberized fabric was a challenge.
I ended up using a jersey knit needle to do the quilting on the difficult ones. I had a lot of thread breakage with my microtex needle.


The back is a very dark gray black color.



All done and I am so relieved!!! It looks good and will be a very cozy quilt for her.


The binding is the owners Scottish tartan plaid. She wanted it incorporated into the quilt somehow and I thought making it the binding which pulls the quilt together was
perfect!!!

So on to another project!!! Stay tuned. 😉


Martha

Kindness matters~Protect our Unborn and thier Mom's💖

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and inspiring to use the personal tartan on the binding.
    I’ve had to do the same with my comments which is sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jocelyn!! It was a fun quilt to do, a lot of work and thought went into it, but still a great learning experience. I have a bin of tshirts that my husband wants a quilt made out of, so now I know how to proceed!!
      It is sad that we get so many odd comments that we now have to screen them, but it is what it is.
      Thank you so much for the visit and comment and have a lovely week!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(