Sunday, September 5, 2021

T-shirt quilt and a Miniature living room


Happy Sunday Morning friends.

WOWZA-it has been a long time since I have been on my blog. Life has become so chaotic and tiring  for me that trying to fit everything in has been a challenge.

I have continued to work through this pandemic and that has it's own challenges. I am a nurse in an addiction/chronic pain clinic, so work is a must.

This is what I am working on in the quilting world of me, a T-shirt quilt for a former co-worker. She had a huge quilt made from these t-shirts and about another 30!!! Seriously, it was the biggest quilt I had ever seen and un-usuable because it was so big and heavy. She wanted me to cut it in half and I had it for along  time and could not do that, it would have cut through many of her beloved t-shirts.

So I cut each t-shirt out and she helped me unquilt them, what a horrible job that was. Long story short, I had the project for years, just could not get to it, so she finally asked for it back. I gave it back but kept these t-shirts and I am happy to say that this quilt is close to a finish. whew!!! Not a fun job at all.

I will be SO GLAD to have it done and out of here so I can move on to another unfinished quilt!!!


My current non-quilting project consists of watching YouTube videos on how to make miniatures and I am having a blast. It really makes me happy and feeds that OCD part of me!!! hahahahahahahahaha

Anyway, out of foam board came the sweetest little couch. Now I need to design a matching chair.


Serously, how cut is this couch??? It is all glued!!!


I had to make a couple pillows for it of course, comfort is important.


And then it needed a lamp, I made it during my lunch at work from Origami YouTube video I found, and that is a cotton tip applicator for the pole, a long q-tip.


Then I made a little end table. I have been brainstorming on a coffee table design.


I found a YouTube video for making glasses, so here are my readers,hahahahahahaha


And there you go, a sweet little living room with a puppy and cat included. You can see a table lamp and coffee cup that I created on my own too.

 Right now, today, I am awaiting Covid-19 results from Friday for me as one of my co-workers who I work closely with had a positive test result, BUMMER!!! I have had the vaccine but so had they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to miss our sons employee picnic yesterday because not knowing and going is NOT OK. So many people don't care if they have it or not and are infecting others, so wrong and bad.


Well, enough for today. 

I pray that you are all well and continue to stay well. May our Dear Lord Bless You and Your Family.

Martha😍

2 comments:

  1. Oh Martha! It's so nice to know what you've been up to. Your interest in miniature is fun to see, and I like everything you've made. Though honestly, who wouldn't like an ORANGE sofa?! :-) I had no idea you could go to YouTube to learn how to make such things. You're obviously doing them well, and I'm glad for you that they're fun. How awful to know a vaccinated co-worker tested positive for COVID. I really hate hearing that, knowing that it becomes justification for those who aren't getting vaccinated. I don't understand anyone's reluctance, and have avoided being with people I know who are not vaccinated (four, that I personally know). I hope you test negative, and then don't feel too bad about missing your son's employee picnic. Keep enjoying yourself, and stay well! By the way, those little reading glasses are just too darned cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thanks so much for the reply, it is so good to hear from you. I feel like I have been out of the quilt world for much too long!!!
      Covid has really been wreaking havoc everywhere and now with the mandates for the vaccine, we are looking at losing a lot of employees. very sad state we are in right now.
      The miniatures have been a really good distraction for me from the stress of work and I have learned how to do so many things from the YouTube people. I sure am thankful for how they share what they do!! Take care!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(