Saturday, October 16, 2021

Back to reworking an older quilt wallhanging and my Sewing Room

I am back to requilting this small quilt wallhanging. When I made is several years ago, like many many years ago, I had no idea how to free motion quilt.

Well, that has changed. So I took as much of the quilt apart that I could and am now quilting it again. I am now doing some straight stitching. Not sure how it will turn out but we shall soon see. 

I will show you the finished product when done. I call it "Seminole Sunset". 



I may as well show you my sewing room while I am taking photos today. It is really nice outside but cold. We are in the fall here with very chilly mornings. Hopefully it will warm up enough to dry the lawn out a bit so I can mow today.

I love the view of my backyard from my sewing area. I can always take a visual break when needed.


You can see how messy my cutting table it at the moment. I am working on a couple miniatures!! I really need to get it cleaned off so I can cut fabric, but, that will have to wait for the moment.



 I do love being in this room. It is always so bright. You can see the stool there in the picture? On this side of the table I have lots of crafting items with glue, hot glue guns, scissors, markers, paper for the grandkids to work with when ever they want to create something. I have two really nice bright lights attached to the table so lighting is excellent!!!

And I have a little TV if I want to watch something while quilting or sewing. I also have my computer out here so I can get some work done.

I teach Catechism classes on Sundays to our 4th-5th graders at church. Our class is about Being a Disciple of Jesus. Then I also help with the RCIA class on Wednesday nights. So I have a lot of computer work revamping handouts and creating bookmarks and word searches for the kids.

Never a boring moment in our house!!! hahahahahahahahah


I hope you are all well, take care, God Bless and talk to you soon again!!! Martha

1 comment:

  1. lauramonthie@gmail.comOctober 21, 2021 at 10:29 AM

    Hi Martha, I'm the program contact for the Hudson River Piecemakers (Lake Luzerne, NY) and I'm wondering if you would be interested in doing a ZOOM class for us in January? If you could, please let me know if that might work (3rd Saturday in January). Thank you! Laura Monthie (lauramonthie@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(