Sunday, March 22, 2020

Making Face Masks for Health Care workers and others at risk



This is partly what I am working on today. Face masks for health imployees who are not on the front line as our masks are in short supply. 
These are not as good as the N95 and surgical face masks, but in an emergency they can help extend the life of a mask or give some protection rather than not wearing one.


It is important to know how to take them off as to not self contaminate.


I will be making more but sewing them with actual ties instead of using elastic.

The orange mask has an inside pocket to insert a filter into. And I really like the way the orange one cups around both my chin and over my nose. I do have a wire twisty in the orange one to help conform the edges to my face.

I will post more as I get them finished up.

stay safe, stay home
Martha

1 comment:

  1. How long do you recommend making the ties? I have lots of bias tape but no elastic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(