Friday, April 12, 2024

Slow Stitching just for fun


A friend of mine just made a beautiful slow stitched" sampler so I thought I would like to try something simply and easy to bring along in the car.
This is my first and I am almost done. I have a bit to do on the flower/plant pot and then trying to figure out how to finish it. 
I am considering putting it in the center of a small quilt.
I will let you know when that is done.
I do enjoy a little embroidery and not having to follow any design or instructions is fun.

The photo below is before I had sewn any pieces down and was still contemplating the design.

 

I've also been making some mini wallets. I will post some photos of them when I finish!!!

Have a lovely weekend!!

martha



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Cat!! I will post the finished piece soon!!

      Delete
  2. How sweet! I too like doing freehand stitchery and embroidery. And I understand about the unfinished edges of this piece. Of course, you could always add binding. Or, if you don't already know how to do Kawandi, you must learn that method, where the edges are finished FIRST. I love Kawandi, and just talking about it here makes me want to start another! Want to make one along with me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to make one along with you!!! How fun would that be?? I am not exactly sure how to make a Kawandi piece but I have seen yours and have seen others done. Let me know how to begin, I am ready for a new adventure. And doing it with you will be so great!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(