Monday, June 5, 2023

The Forever Quilt

 


This pattern is called Bento Box and it's my granddaughters quilt that she started many years ago. She ended up moving, then she joined the army, got married, had a baby, moved to Texas.

WOWZA!!!

So I am going to finish machine quilting it. Just using the walking foot and stitching in the ditch. She could do it as I gave her a sewing machine to take to Texas with her. However, we never discussed how to make the binding. 
So I will finish the quilt including the binding, and someday we can hopefully get together so I can teach her how to finish a quilt. Maybe work on a small wallhanging together.


I use a craft table when I'm quilting larger quilts so the weight doesn't pull the quilt off the table while I'm trying to sew.


So much better!!!!



Here is the quilt pattern. It's really sweet and simple and beautiful.

So that is the agenda for awhile, get this quilt finished and mail it to Texas!!!

Take care
Happy Quilting

Martha












2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember when that Bento Box pattern first came out. Was it 2003? 2004? I really like it. I'm glad your granddaughter at least learned how to machine piece when you had the chance to teach her. It's really nice of you to be finishing it. I too have supporting tables for domestic machine quilting. They're invaluable. Hope you're able to finish this fairly quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I do love the Bento Box pattern, I think I love the simplicity of it. I saw a quilt made with this pattern in multiple bright colors and it looks awesome, so I may need to make my own Bento Box quilt.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(