Friday, March 11, 2022

Plaidish Quilt-slow but sure


 

This is all my blocks laid out. Lights, mediums, and darks. It is pretty cool the way it becomes a huge plaid!!! So now I just need to sew all the blocks together. But the sun is out and we have yard debris to burn and we only have a four hour window to get it done. So outside for now.

I also have a bistro set I found for $25 and I need to finish painting it. Robins Egg Blue or Ocean Mist is what the can of paint says. I will be putting it out on our front porch where we get morning sun!!


I also want to start this little sunflower quilt by Quilt Art Design. I just love it!!! However, I need to finish what I started, get plaidish completely pieced and Postcard from Sweden completely pieced, then maybe I will take a break and get this little one done now.



That's it for now friends, take care and see you again real soon!!! Martha

4 comments:

  1. This is the first Plaidish quilt I've seen that truly looks like plaid or tartan. Its beautiful! We found a similar bistro table a couple years ago for our porch, I just love to sit out there with my morning latte and watch the hummingbirds, it's my favorite summer spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I am thinking of making it a bit smaller as I really want to use it on my couch in the living room. The extra blocks will make an even smaller quilt that I may make for our great grand-daughter who is due in June. I am almost done painting the bistro set, cannot wait for some warmer weather to enjoy on the front porch!!! Hope you are well and thanks for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm smiling to see how you have your projects lined up! Retirement does that to a person! Plaidish is looking really nice. I've never seen it in such a limited color palette (I made mine with all the colors) and I like the way the plaid is more apparent. That little bistro set is going to look nice. Be sure to post pictures when you're done. Hope you got your debris pile handled so you can get back to the fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda!!! Wow, so many retirement projects lines up, no boredom in this house!!! Hahahaha! The debris pile got done but I am building more. We have until June 15th to burn. I think we need one of those shredder things then I can just compost the limbs and not have to burn. Thanks for visiting and I hope you are well!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(