Saturday, February 12, 2022

"Postcard From Sweden" quilt is coming along!!!


6 rows completed and I think 9 more to go.
It is going to be a really big quilt!!! 60" by 80"!!! WOWZA



Lots of triangles to sew together!

I am also working on my "Plaidish" quilt which if you click on the name you will be taken to the creator of this pattern and tutorial.
I am really excited about this one too.
It will stay here at home on our couch to cuddle under.



I need to make 20 of the dark blocks this week. I have one done and 19 to go. 

All the fabric has been cut.
My plan is to work at getting the 20 blocks done, then get back to the "Postcard From Sweden" quilt and get another 6 rows done next week.

hahahahahahaha

why do I do this to myself, seriously

Happy Quilting

Don't stress it!!!

Martha

 

4 comments:

  1. I really love that Postcards From Sweden quilt and would have joined the sewalong if not for the disruptive timing with QuiltCon. I leave next Wednesday and will be gone for six days! Yay for you making a Plaidish quilt too! I made one and gave it to my cousin, as a thank you for a special task he did on behalf of all of his cousins. Plaidish is a very effective design for "scraps," though I don't call those sized-pieced scraps. I had to cut into stash to make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda!!! How fun, 6 days at the quilt show!!! I wish I was going. My oldest lives in Phoenix and I would have loved to go and take some classes, I've never ever done that!!! I will be looking forward to hearing how your week there went.
      I am having fun with all this sewing. It's been a long time since I have actually had time to sit and sew for long periods.

      Delete
  2. I love those colors! That will be such a pretty quilt, or will it be more like a throw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marti!!! Well, it is going to be a large quilt and I am hoping to be able to hang it up somewhere. I'm thinking if I do some intense quilting it will shrink it down a bit which will enable to allow it to hang. I have three medical offices in town where my quilts hang. The patients love seeing them and this one would really brighten up their space!! Time will tell. Thanks for the visit!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(