Saturday, November 28, 2020

No Pin Curves Christmas Tree and Gnome

 


I participated in a workshop hosted and taught by Jenny Haynes of Papper Sax Sten and Lucy Engels.

I got all my fabrics cut and ready for the class and began sewing. So much fun!! The smaller curves were a little fussier than the larger.

When I got the large bottom piece done I realized it looked like a gnome or Tomte' Christmas tree.

I had bought a Christmas gnome from Safeway, so drew out a little pattern and got to work on an applique for the quilt.

I decided to add some arms and I also needle felted his beard to make it look a little more realistic.

I am very please with the results, now I just need to layer and quilt!!! I share when that is done.













happy quilting friends!!!! Martha

6 comments:

  1. I don't know about Lucy, but Jenny is a great instructor. Hers was the first virtual workshop I ever took, and I've taken five of them now! That's one good thing to come out of this pandemic. Your quilt is adorable, and the addition of the wee gnome is the perfect touch. I admire you for taking the regular design and making it yours - much better than the original. You will no doubt enjoy this, hanging on the wall, in December. Have fun quiltint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda!!! I hope to have this little one quilted by next weekend and will hang it up at work until Christmas and then bring it home. The patients do love looking at the quilts!!!

      Delete
  2. That is a sweet quilt! I knitted up a gnome earlier in the season, I think yours are great!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Cat, he sure was fun to design!!! I would love to see your knitted gnome!!

      Delete
  3. So glad you showed a close up of that sweet gnome. Wonderful work. I love reading about your decision making. Perfect fabric choices as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jocelyn, I love all the decisions to make in quilt making, I think that is as fun as the construction part of it all!!!.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(