Sunday, December 29, 2019

Advent Wreath Quilted Postcards X 5

Rejoice
5For a child* is born to us, a son is given to us;
upon his shoulder dominion rests.
They name him Wonder-Counselor, God-Hero,d
Father-Forever, Prince of Peace.
6His dominion is vast
and forever peaceful,
Upon David’s throne, and over his kingdom,
which he confirms and sustains
By judgment and justice,
both now and forever.e
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this!
ISAIAH
Chapter 9: 5-6

Here are the quilted postcards that were made each week and mailed to a secret family from church. I came up with the idea a day after we picked secret Advent Angels.


It was a fun project but a lot of work and worry trying to accomplish something during the pre-holiday time. I still work full time, so not much spare time.


The flames are all needles felted, then sewn on after all the quilting was done.


The last card was in an envelope that said, "open Christmas Day". As this one below represents the birth of Christ. I so hope the family enjoyed their surprised each week!!! I know I enjoyed creating them.


I hope you had a very special Christmas, and I pray that each and everyone of you have a safe and blessed New Year.

Martha

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank You Pat!! I wish I had more time to really enjoy the process, not the mad dash to finish as quickly as possible. Seems like that is always when I get my best ideas, when there is no time. Ah well, all is good and I did enjoy the thought of how the family who was getting the cards was enjoying them. I hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas. Thank you so much for commenting on this post, always good to hear from a friend!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(