Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Pears and more pears

I made this quilt wall hanging many many years ago and I am determined to get it quilted!! Woke up early today and I am off to a very good start. Sometimes the hardest part is deciding how I want to quilt these little quilts, what free-motion designs to use. I still like to do stippling. It's easy but more than that I love the texture that it creates. The pears were actually printed from actual pears and fabric paint. So fun to do, apples are another fruit that are easy to make prints with. I even did carrots!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha and they turned out fabulous. I will show you one of these days!!! Have a great day and see you again soon, Martha

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be so pretty when you get it done. The stippling behind the pears is lovely and that is something I truly like doing too, but the row of turquoise fabric, did you do that freehand also? It is absolutely perfection. My freehand is so organic and never turns out that amazing . . . do you have any advice concerning your technique?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(