Saturday, August 24, 2024

Sallie Tomato Zippy Bag

I decided to finally try making a Zippy Bag from my Sallie Tomato pattern. This one is out of denim that I got from a friend. It's made out of her husbands worn out jeans. For a surprise, I decided to make this gift for her. It wasn't easy. I am just not very good at understanding the written instructions and so it took awhile to complete. I was actually nervous during the consruction of this bag. SO SILLY!!! I wanted to make this for her birthday which was in June but just could not get myself to start it. But we are going camping with them soon and I wanted to bring along the bag, good reason to get going on it!!! I also made two wallets out of his jeans. One for her and one for an adult grandchild. I am super excited to give these to her. Next Zippy Bag will be made out of an Army uniform that was given to me by a veteran of the Iraq war. Check out the zippers and pulls. Those are from Sallie Tomato also. I love the flowers and I know my friend is going to also. I had never used the zipper tape, so that was also a new experience. I'm glad to be done and have learned a lot, so onward to the next bag making day!!!! Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(