Saturday, November 14, 2020

Ready for binding and more!!


 Well I did not make my deadline for this quilt which was being done before the election. But since the election seems to be continuing I think I did OK!!

I have the binding and hanging sleeve cut and just need to get them sewn and then get that binding on and I will then have some handsewing time. 

After that, I will be making fabric fustible letters from my Cricut machine and apply them, both fused and then machine blanket stitched, to these stockings for my eldest grand-daughter and her new husband.


I also have 8 more masks to make. These will be for my Sunday school kids. I just finished making 10 masks for my niece and nephew. That makes 399 masks made to date!!! I am honestly a little masked out!!!


Hope you are well and Covid free!!! Happy Quilting-Martha

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, but you've been busy! Bless you for making so many masks! Do you use a favorite pattern? Or are you like me, switching to different ones to try them out? Being cautious, and staying COVID-free, though I was on a quilt retreat with three friends for a whole week. We agreed on our pre-get-together behaviors, and formed a safe pod. It was fantastic to go someplace else to BE with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two patterns I use, one pleated and one fitted. I redesigned both to make them fit better and sew together easier.
      I am trying to stay virus free but still working full time. I wear a mask the whole time and when putting patients in the room I wear goggles and rubber gloves. Once the patient leaves I clean all touchable surfaces including the computer and door and handles and all the spouts of the soap and hand lotion. I now have a feeling in my chest that I need to cough which I think is from the cleaning solution. I always have my mask on when cleaning.
      I am sure thankful for your blog and others, helps me keep in touch with the creative side of things and lets me get away from stress of covid and politics!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(