Tuesday, March 6, 2018

OMG One Monthly Goal for March Bookmarks or Prayer cards


These are my quilted bookmarks. My idea for March is to figure out how to make a prayer card/bookmark. Prayermarks????

I still am working on a name for them, if you have an idea, please comment!!

SO: my idea is to have a larger bookmark with an opening at the top to put a prayer card or prayer intentions in to.

 This will be the first one. I will quilt the front and back, then cut out a front panel and somehow attach some clear vinyl and then finish the edges with a satin stitch and ribbon at the top.

 I have enough silk fabric for about 20 "Prayermarks". I printed lines on card-stock, front and back to write prayer intentions on. I will be using cotton and silk thread to quilt the designs.

 I have plenty of clear vinyl to protect the written prayer intentions but also protect the book or bible if it is used as a bookmark.

My OMG or One Monthly Goal is to finish at least one "Prayermark". I would love to get all 20 done and give them to my RCIA class and teachers, but that gives me just 6 weeks to finish and I have not a clue how well these will go together.

We shall soon find out. To see more of the OMG participants, click here!!!


 This was my February challenge and it did not get done. I am not happy with the quilting so it got shoved to the corner and I started finishing up the baby quilt, which now needs to be done by this coming weekend!!!


Lots of straight line stitching needed and then feathers in the border. I should be able to get this done if I work every night after work and in the morning before I head back to work.

I hope you have a lovely week, a wonderful month too.
Happy Quilting!!
Gardening Season is just around the corner!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY

Take Care, Martha

4 comments:

  1. Those are awesome projects. I wish I could help you on the bookmarks but I haven't got a clue. I love the quilting on your flag quilt. I hope that isn't what you don't like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marti, and yes, it is the quilting on the flag quilt. I am trying to free motion a wave and it just seems difficult to do. I will keep working on it, slowly. When I get frustrated with something, they get shelved. But not this time!!! I shall over come!!!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful idea! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty, I hope I am more successful in reaching my goal than I was in February!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(