Thursday, January 4, 2018

Modern Quilt


So as I was searching for the sew-together-bag pattern to purchase, information on a quilt show popped up! I had no idea there was a quilt show in our area coming up in February. The Willamette Valley Quilt Festival will be held in Albany Oregon which is just 13 miles from home!!! EEK!!! WHAT!???? Why didn't I hear about this!!??

So, I do have a few quilts that I could enter and may do so as the deadline is near the end of this month. But it would be nice to have a newly quilted quilt to enter also.

So this one has been chosen. It was from a block of the month hosted by SewMamaSew. The actual block was designed by Alyssa of Pile O' Fabric.  I did tweak it a bit, added in some of my own designs. I only did this one block, I love it!!!!!

Now it's time to choose a modern, non-marked quilt design. Still contemplating that. There are SO MANY OPTIONS!!!! It can get overwhelming trying to decide.

While I am thinking on it, I am trimming all the little threads on the back.


I will press it one more time before layering it.

The other information I found is the OMG blog which is One Monthly Goal. Clever!!! And you can see what other quilters are doing and I believe win prizes. So I am joining in!!! Check it out!! The other really cool thing about this is doing it with other quilters around the world. I just love that.

At the end of the month I shall be posting this quilt in a finished state!!!

OH, I did finally purchase the sewtogetherbag from the designer on craftsy. If you are going to support an artist, buy from them!!!!!

OK, that's it for this morning, time to read a little in my bible before getting ready for my work day.

Happy Quilting, Take Care, and see you soon!!!

Martha

I should rename myself Martha the Rebel as there are some folks who are getting that image of me. No idea why. :^) Seriously!!!!!


4 comments:

  1. I love this little quilt! Martha the Rebel. Yes, it fits. Maybe we should start a club. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt top is awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patty and thank you for hosting this!! I love the idea and look forward to participating all year. If there is anything I can do to help please feel free to ask.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(