Sunday, September 17, 2017

Clay Pot Pincushions


I've been doing a lot of paintings on rocks these days then thought that I would put that skill to work on a clay pot and turn it in to a pincushion.

And I think I like it!!! :^)

This is a good sized pincushion and will hold a lot of pins!!!

I started by hand painting these clay pots. I have also used some spray paint to see how that would work. And it worked great and a lot quicker and less messy!!


This was an easy paint job, polka dots in three shades of teal. Love it and they match the wool fabric.


Then I cut out a circle larger than the width of the pot opening.


Sewed two gathering stitches and pulled them to create a little pouch.


I am using left over wool batting for the stuffing. That way the needles and pins will stay sharp!!! No more throwing away those little left overs.


Just cut them up in small pieces and use them as stuffing!!!!!


Now the gathering stitches were not enough to close the pincushion so I actually used two rubber bands to secure the opening. Then, before I glued it into the pot, I put left over poly batting in the bottom.

DONE!!! I LOVE IT!!!
I also glued the pot to the base!! 


Here are a couple more in the process of painting the forget-me-not flowers on.

The gray and green were the two I spray painted. That was a lot easier to do!!!

Now to finish these and put them in my Etsy store :^)

Fun project, would make a great gift for a friend or for yourself!!!

Happy Quilting Friends
Martha

4 comments:

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(