Sunday, February 5, 2017

Free Motion Feathers tablerunner



I started this table runner a couple of years ago and finally got it done for Christmas 2016. I gave this to my daughter-in-law as an early gift to help decorate the house!!

I love doing feathers but was a little nervous doing red on white because every little wobble and mistake show up. I just have to remind myself that most people who are not quilters do not see those mistakes, even though that is all I can see!!!



No worries, she seemed to really like it, so I am pleased!!!

Happy Quilting Friends.

Martha

Here's a few more in progress photos.





This is another table runner in line to be finished



11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank You!!! I was so glad that she liked it and displayed it at Christmas :^)

      Delete
  2. Your feathers are simply gorgeous Martha,no need to worry about red or any other thread color on your white fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Pat!! I sure enjoy those feathers even with a little wobble here and there :^)

      Delete
  3. a pair of besutiful runners the red stitching works so beautifully with the white. Never attempted a feather still struggling with straight lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Margaret! I do a lot of paper doodling to practice my feathers and find that it really helps a lot when I actually do the quilting.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank You Marjorie!! It was a lot of fun to make!!

      Delete
  5. This table runner is Stunning!
    Your free motion quilting is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Doreen, I do enjoy the free motion quilting.

      Delete
  6. Those are lovely Martha. Even quilters don't see the wobbles, just the beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(