Friday, June 3, 2016

Garment Sewing

 I used to sew most of my own clothes, but when I started quilting, it took the backseat!! Well, I finally made a new top for myself!!! Not sure if I love it, but it is cute and fits well!!! I have more fabric to make more clothing, just no time.

Our front yard with the new stupid sign!! In my flower bed of all places. Apparently a neighbor complained to the road department so much about how fast people were driving that WE ended up with the sign. SERIOUSLY!!! There is another sign that states 25 MPH just one house away!!! And no one has slowed down. UGH!

 Sweeet little hardy orchids in the front. I love these, they are so gorgeous and multiply easily!!! They are called: (from Wikpedia) Bletilla- and you can find more information here!!!
Well, that's it for today. Time to go out and water the flower pots and get ready for work. I hope to get some quilting done this weekend as it is going to be up to 99 degrees here!!
I will be finishing the vegetable garden while it is still cool out then head in and hide from the intense heat!!

Take care my friends, Happy Quilting!!! Martha

2 comments:

  1. a lovely top, like you when I started embroidery the making of clothes stopped. Your garden is looking beautiful shame about the sign here they have put up 20mph ones allover the place but the drivers ignore them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret. Thanks for visiting. Sounds like you experience the same thing when it comes to speed signs!! We have lived in this home for over 30 years now and everyone drives too fast. Signs don't help. Speed bumps might!!
    I am hoping to start sewing clothes more often, I do enjoy making and wearing my own things!! I would also like to start making a few outfits for our little grand-daughter!! She will be three in August.
    Hope you are having a lovely weekend! Martha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(