So, I was tagged by Sherry from Books, Hooks, Sticks, etc. to play in this Blog Hop. Sherry was tagged by Kitty from A Left-Handed Quilter. Both Sherry and Kitty are lefties and so am I :^)
Anyway, the hop is about four simple questions for me to answer-so here I go!!!
The four questions are -
1. What am I currently working on?
2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
3. Why do I write/create what I do?
1. What am I currently working on? I am currently working on so many projects I could not begin to tell you them all. That is how I work, so many projects laid out here and there or piled up here and there. I have to work on focusing on just one, and it isn't easy.
So the main project I am working on is my "She's At The Quilt Show" quilt. I was supposed to have it done for our guild meeting in October, but my focus button went missing!!!
She coming along fine. I just need to design the ceiling and figure out how to make her feet. The pattern for my beautiful gal came with no feet or legs, so I have been drawing them out. Now how to put it all together. (Notice she won a Best Of Show on the left and a first place on the right :) .
I am also working on postcards as I belong to a group on Facebook who exchange a postcard monthly. We have members around the world and it has been a really fun experience!!!
2. How does my work differ? Hmmmmm..... I have no idea!!! I know my work looks different. I had a patient see me at the quilt store and she asked what I was currently working on. I had no words to simply tell about the quilt above other than, "Welllllll", and she laughed!!! She said, your work is always so different but I love it!!!
So no simple answer on that one, it's just plain different.
3. Why do I create? Another difficult question. I have an impelling need to create. I felt it as a child but really didn't know what it was or where it was coming from. I remember in 6th grade we learned how to use a compass and our teacher had an art contest using the compass and pencil. I won. I had SO MUCH FUN designing with that compass!!!! I cannot explain the feeling!!
I was adopted and I have found my birth family. And lo and behold, they are artists/writers/quilters!! It finally made sense. Now I know where that energy to create came from. I am so thankful!! I was given life, a wonderful home to grow up in, and the opportunity to meet the family who gave me the creative skills. Pretty cool!!!
4. How does my process work? I do not think that hard on it!!! I really don't. Ideas, images just come to me. Sometimes at the strangest moments and I try and sketch out the idea before I lose it.
I get ideas from some of the incredible people I follow in blogland and on Instagram and on Facebook.
I get ideas from the outdoors, my garden and flowers, grandkids, trees, food, Harley Davidson Motorcycles!!! Pretty much everything around me can spark an idea!!!
|Hayden with Cinderella|
|Cooper and his silly face|
|A beautiful salad!!!|
|My husbands Harley|
We are hoping that one of you bloggers reading this would like to play along. If so, leave me a comment and we will tag you after Cindy!! If no one replys, then this blog hop may end here!!
:^( I hope not, it is fun to see how we get to where we are and share the journey!!
Thanks for visiting, Take Care, Happy Quilting and keep those minds sharp! Martha