Thursday, September 20, 2012

AQS Modern Mystery Quilt

My chosen fabric for this challenge. I have been collecting some solids for awhile. Not a huge stash, but I like the way they are going together!!! This is going to be a very cool quilt!!!

Part 1 done!!! Yahoo!!!

I have never participated in a mystery quilt, but it sure sounds like fun!!! So this is part one of the six weeks of instructions. We got Part 2 yesterday and I hope to begin putting that together this weekend!!

This Modern Mystery Quilt is put on by the American Quilters Society and can be found here. http://www.quiltviews.com/modern-mystery-quilt-part-1

I heard about this Modern Mystery Quilt through a fun new site I joined called Connectedthreadz and you can find it here:  https://www.connectedthreadz.com/  . It is a quilting/fiber forum of some really wonderful, friendly women. I have enjoyed chatting with them for the last week or so and feel a part of their world already.

Several of the members are going to be doing this mystery quilt, so it will be fun to see what each of us come up with. One nice thing about the group is how helpful they are. If anyone is having any kind of issues, someone is there to help.  So if any of us need any help with this mystery we're putting together, I know there will be plenty of advice !!! :^)

My background fabric is in the wash right now, so tomorrow I may try and get a little of it cut and ready. However, my grandson is spending the night with us tonight and will be here all day tomorrow. So this may be put on hold until Saturday and Sunday. But that's OK with me!!

Take care everyone, Happy Quilting and keep those needles sharp!!! Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(