Sunday, December 18, 2011

"More Amazing Quilted Photography"

This is a quilt I made from the book, "More Amazing Quilted Photography" by Tammie Bowser. The book comes with the program and instructions on how to take a photo and turn it into a quilt. It is a really fun process.

This quilt of Josh shows him in kindergarten and at his graduation ceremony when he received his Masters in Education. I used half inch squares and ironed them onto a fusible gridded background, covered the quilt with toulle and then free motioned quilted it. This is the same way I did the quilt of Buck, the Yellow Lab. There are over 6000 1/2 inch squares in this quilt!!!

He's had this quilt rolled up in the closet for years. I think he has decided to get it out and hang it somewhere in his house. He just is a little uncomfortable displaying such a huge picture of himself. Truthfully, I never thought about it when I was making it!!! :^)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(