Thursday, December 15, 2011

Crazy Quilt "Go Crazy"

Go Crazy-39" X 39"
I love crazy quilts!!! Looking through the books at all the wonderful quilts made in the 1800's and early 1900's is such a joy. The colors and fabrics used were fun and the hand embroidery, wow, just amazing!!
I decided to use the embroidery stitches on my old Viking which gave me the opportunity to try out some of the wonderful metallic and silk threads I had been saving.

I had LOTS of left over fabric. Actually, I still have tons of left over fabric to make many more crazy quilts. With some of the leftovers, I made this small quilt!! It hangs in the lab of the medical office I work in, a great distraction for the patients about to have their blood drawn!  :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(