Tuesday, September 22, 2020

The Sewing Room is almost complete


 Here is my cutting table corner. All the tools are on the wall, close enough for me!!
My cutting table doubles as a craft table for the grandchildren with a stool on each side of the cubbies. Their paint, scissors, glue, craft sticks, crayons and large piece of plastic to protect the surface are in the little cloth cubbies. Perfect place for them to design away.


The room feels cleaner and brighter and less cluttered and I really hope to keep it that way.


Our oldest grand daughter was home for a long weekend from the army, so we layered and pinned the quilt she has been working on for years!!! There is enough room on the long end of my cutting table to put my old cutting table up. The height it perfect and we were able to lay the quilt out and have just a tiny bit of room on the edges!!!



I have a reading area too!! There are now two cubbies there to hold my lamp and books.
And below is my desk area. 😀

All in all it was a success. A lot of work but I do love it out there.

I hope you are all well and dealing with all the extremes we are experiencing this year!

Stay healthy and calm and God Bless!!!

Martha

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Martha! Look at the results of your hard work! This is fantastic! I agree completely that it looks fresh, open, and well-organized. How great that you can lay out a quilt! You probably already have them, but I'll mention... I've recently invested in large plastic clamps from Lowe's - bought six for $7 each - that I can use when basting, to hold down a side of a large quilt that falls over the end of my 2"-thick table. I used them just yesterday, and they're perfect for my needs. I'm happy for you to have that lounge area for hand work and TV-watching, and your desk and computer nearby are great for referencing quilt patterns and tutorials. I have my computer in my sewing room too, and it's saved me lots of printing that I used to do when my sewing and computer were on different floors of the house. I hope you enjoy your new space and find your creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Linda!!! I do love being out here in the sewing room and I did let my husband he is welcome any time to hang out with me!!!
      I will check out those clamps, sounds like a great idea. We did have to tape the quilt on one end under the table so the clamps would have been a better solution.
      Now to finish getting rid of all the clutter I still have in boxes!!! hahahahahaha
      Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(