Sunday, August 2, 2020

SewingRoom Re-Do


I finally decided that it is beyond time to replace the yucky carpet in my sewing room with laminate flooring. And if I am going to the trouble to do that, might as well get the room repainted too. The above photo is the entrance from the dining room into my sewing room.


There are a lot of windows which I love a lot. Perfect place for plants. But the room feels so cluttered and I am having a hard time concentrating in there. It also could be that I am distracted from all the things that are going on here in the US and around the world.


At least I can attempt to create a calm serene space to work in. I won't have as many things on the walls and I am hoping to have things contained neatly.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahhhhhh

😉

At least that is my goal!!



I am still pulling nails out and have started puttying the holes. I had put rope up along the edge of the ceiling and walls with hot glue. Not an easy task removing it all!!! UGH!!!

OK, so now you have all seen my incredible mess. Next on the agenda, and hopefully by the end of August, I will be able to show you a very nice, organized space!!!

Happy Summer Friends and see you again soon!!!
Happy mask making or sewing or quilting or crafting or gardening!!!

Martha

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Martha, for the face mask tutorial. I've bookmarked it as I think I am going to have to start making some...this is going on isn't it.
    I don't know why, but I love to see folks work places and see how things get organized in particular. So this is interesting to me and I will enjoy seeing how it all turns out. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jocelyn!!! Yes, I think we are in with the mask thing for quite awhile. I am a nurse and have been working this entire covid time, not front line, I work in treatment and recovery. Wearing a mask daily to work has become the norm.
      I think that is why it's so important to get my sewing room to a state of calm and be better organized. With the world being so out of control, at least my home can be my safe place. It already is but this is going to help a lot.
      I've now made and given away 355 masks and have about a dozen more to go and then I am caught up again. Whew!!!
      I will post again when the room is all cleaned out and the carpet is gone!!! So hope to see you again, thanks so much for the visit!!

      Delete
  2. It's so good to see where you've been creating, and remind all of us that we've each had spaces that were less than perfect. I agree that you have great light, and your spiff-up will improve it. I love having laminate flooring, though I bought replacement wheels for two rolling chairs, so they wouldn't damage the laminate. I have white walls and find that they keep the room feeling lighter, even at night when I'm using full spectrum daylight lighting, as well as being a good backdrop for quilts hung on the walls. You're gonna have so much fun with this makeover! Keep sharing in-progress pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thanks for suggestion on the wheel replacement, I will be looking into that as I really didn't think about the possible damage from them on the new flooring. And, you helped me decide about my cellular shades. I was going between white and gray, but the white, even when closed, will help create a lighter environment!!! I will be so glad to have this all behind me so I can get back to my machines!!!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(