Sunday, January 19, 2020

Grand-daughter's Quilt

 This is what I helped with yesterday. Our grand-daughter who is in the army was home for the weekend and wanted to work on her quilt.

We figured out that she started it about 10 years ago!!! Well, she has been a busy young lady. That was when she was 14. Now she is 24!!! And serving our country!!!!

She got the borders made and sewn on, I got the backing ready to go. So her next visit in February we will get this quilt top layered and pinned and I will show her how to quilt with the walking foot.

The sewing machine I am giving to her doesn't really like doing free-motion quilting, but the walking foot works great.

When she gets into a home that has more room she is planning on taking her machine with her. Makes my heart warm.

She has always been very good at sewing, even though it is only at our house that she does it. I think in time she will improve greatly with practice.

And here is a little glimpse of our own resident princess!!! This is Bailey enjoying the morning sunshine today.

Happy quilting friends!!! Martha

1 comment:

  1. I think it is so neat that your granddaughter is learning to quilt with you. I hope she continues to carry on your family quilting.

    Bailey is adorable. Is she a Yorkie?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(