Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Advent Wreath Quilted Postcard


At church we secretly pick Advent Angels. We fill out a card, and then the cards are shared at Mass. You can pray for the person or family you get, even give them a gift.
I came up with an idea, on Sunday, the day we traded cards, for making Advent Quilted Postcards.

My first sketch idea, I had the weeks out of order but you can still get the idea of where I am going with this.
Here is a little explanation about the Advent Wreath.


My second sketch. This is going to be a little time consuming, but I am hoping it will bring great joy to the family. There are five total in the family, and they will be getting five postcards before Christmas if I can manage it.


My colors are chosen and cut. The Advent wreath has 3 purple and 1 pink candle. Here is another explanation along with scripture to read for that week!!!




 Above, all sewn and below, layered and pinned and ready for quilting.


All quilted and ready for trimming and layering into a postcard.




And done.
I am really happy with the first one.
Now to find time by Monday to get the next one completed.
It will have two burning candles and Faith will be written on the second candle.
I so hope the family will find Joy in their weekly surprises.

I hope each and everyone of you who read my blog will also have a joyous and Blessed
Advent and Christmas.

Advent is about preparing for the birth of Christ.

Take Care
Martha

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is WONDERFUL! I hope the family has that well and up front! That is a cool gift! (My church had a white candle, for some reason, one year... Same idea, different color.)

    Cat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(