Thursday, October 24, 2019

"Thrive"-a lesson on random curvy piecing


I was asked to make a small quilt, like really small, for someone who saw my quilt display at the hospital.

Her grandson goes to a college named Thrive and the school's colors are yellow and green.


The little quilt above is what she had seen. I didn't really think that one was appropriate for a young man so I began thinking about a design.

I've always wanted to learn a little about curvy piecing, so I watched a you tube video, you can see it here. She is really good, but my brain had a hard time doing it. It took several tries before I mastered it.

And now I have ideas for more curvy piecing!!!


I pulled out lots of fabrics in green and yellow to audition for the quilt!!



It was actually a lot of fun!! I love random designing!!!!



Here is is all pinned and ready to start quilting. I did very simple wavy lines back and forth to mimic the curves of the fabric.

Now to give it to the grandma and what to charge. I really don't like that part of it. I have a very difficult time putting a price on my work. I told her $15-$20. My co-workers are not happy with me on that one!!!


My work area is a little messy. Always gets that way when I'm working.


Getting the binding sewn on among other potential projects.


And done!! Whew!!!

Take Care, Happy Quilting!!!
Martha

2 comments:

  1. I like it! I've never thought much about curvy quilting but that is an interesting video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought hers was the easiest to understand!! I love Ann Brauer's quilts and wondered how she does them, this is as close as I can figure out!!! https://www.annbrauer.com/ I am planning on doing another one but will take my time with it.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(