Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Formline Quilt-so far

 I did not get a lot done on the trip. The first problem I had was I left my white marking pencil at home. And how do you mark on black fabric without it and in the middle of the ocean??? You don't! I am doing reverse applique in some areas. The white you see is actually on the back of the black. So I am marking the fabric and cutting it away and then appliqueing. Hard without a pencil. We stopped in Ketchikan and I went to the Whale's Tail Quilt Shop. She was all out of marking pencils. I almost cried. It meant no applique for me on the trip. So she gave me her personal pencil!!!! She was so sweet and I shall be sending her a  thank-you gift for that. She wouldn't even take my money.

I did buy a little fatquarter set of Formaline fabric!!!

I think if I make another, or design a pattern from this quilt, it shall be fused!!! :^)

Anyway, that is it so far and I am pleased even though I did not get a lot done. It will be a really cool quilt when finished.

Take care and Happy Quilting.

Martha

6 comments:

  1. Martha, I love this. I think it is coming together beautifully. It reminded me of the news story of the whale mother carrying her baby for 17 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were talking about the Orca when we were out looking for Orca's in Victoria. Poor thing. They mourn their lost family members just like we do. We learned about Orcas from a wildlife biologist on our cruise, Brent Nixon. He was amazing and he really did a great job of educating us.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow this is going to be just fabulous! They have put in new rules now about getting tourists close to whales. I am glad. They have enough to contend with with humans and their general disrespect for nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. The captain of the boat we were on kept her distance from the Orca's and cut the engine and with the help of the crew kept an eye on where they were before we would move again. They did a really good job explaining what and why they were doing. Thanks for the visit!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(