Sunday, March 25, 2018

OMG One Monthly Goal for March: PB&J: Prayer Card, Bookmark and Jesus

I still am working on a name for these but so far, PB&J, which stands for Prayer Card, Bookmark & Jesus.

So here is the finished PB&J. And I do hope no one thinks I am being disrespectful. If so, please speak up.
This measures 3 3/4" wide by 8 1/2" long.

It's quilted on both the front and the back. There is an opening on the top so you can slide your card-stock paper in and out in order to write your prayer intentions on.
There is a piece of vinyl that covers the paper so pencil and ink will not get on to your book or bible that you are keeping it in. 

So, I will give you a photo journey on the creation of these prayer cards:

Outline so I know where the quilting needs to be
Some of the items needed. I am planning on making more of
these, all out of silk fabric.
Vinyl
Tracing designs for the back.



First design is the X and P which stands for
Christ-Chi and Rho
 Though the two letters look like P and X in the English alphabet, they are actually chi (looks like X) and rho (looks like P) from the Greek alphabet. They also happen to be the first two letters of "Christ" in Greek (Christos). Hence the chi-rho monogram is used as a symbol of Christ, Christianity, and Christians.


 I drew out the X and P and covered them with the clear contact paper to turn it into a template to trace around. That way I can use it over and over again.

Ready to Quilt
Using Aurifil thread



All quilted and ready to start the assembly work.




Before I start trimming I like sew a very tiny stitch inside the
marked line so when I do cut, my quilting stitches don't
come undone.

Ready for layering!!!
Add caption



Fusedand trimmed, still need to cut out
the center for the prayer card.


As you can see, I did two stitchings. That way, once the center
is cut out, I can use it for a smaller bookmark!!!!!


Edge stitching!!! Lots of edge stitching

It was tricky sewing in the vinyl and it doesn't
budge. Sticks right to the sewing machine bed.

Front

Back and ready for some names!!

I hope you like it.
I would like to make several more for gifts.
But I have some adjustments to make.
You never know what you need until you have already done it.
I may not quilt the back part as it makes it a little thick for a bookmark.

So I guess I can call this one a prototype!!??

Take Care, Happy Quilting
and talk to you again real soon!!!


Martha

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Patty!! Now on to the next project!!!

      Delete
  2. Your craftsmanship is superb! Gorgeous piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(