Thursday, February 8, 2018

"Durango" won a ribbon at the Quilt Show!!!

This is "Durango". I named it after Durango Colorado where my Aunt/Uncle and cousins lived. We used to go there and visit during the summer. The remember the beautiful blue skies and turquoise!! This quilt reminds me of those days.

I was more than excited to see that ribbon on my quilt!! Very surprised and pleased.

It was the first quilt show put on by the Willamette Valley Quilt Festival committee. Next year I heard that they are planning on using the whole building at the Linn County Fair grounds. This year they used just part of the building and the quilt rows were a little too close together to get a good look at the quilts.

There were tons of people viewing the quilts, a fabulous turnout and probably 500 quilts.

I am very glad that I entered and plan on it again next year!!

That's it for now, take care and Happy Quilting!! Martha


6 comments:

  1. That is absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Connie!!! It was a fun little quilt to make and I was quite surprised with the ribbon!!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Martha! Well deserved, your quilting is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat!!! It was such fun quilting this one. And with it so small, it was a little easier to maneuver around!!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! That's a wonderful quilt. I hope you have a close shot of it somewhere on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marti!! I need to take another photo close up for everyone to see. I actually used a color crayon for the background and then heat set it!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(