Monday, January 1, 2018

It's in the bag, #Denim bag, #Carhartt bag!!!

This is the finished bag I made for our Grand-daughter, Luna. She is 13 and loves to draw and sketch. I decided to use some of the Carhartt old jeans that belonged to our younger son, Drew, to make the bag out of. It was difficult. The denim is thick and where there are seams triple thickness. And to top it off, the pattern called for a magnetic snap, but I felt like a zipper would be better. So trying to do that after the bag was completed was even more difficult.

Needless to say, I was sewing on Christmas Eve!!


The pattern was Velocity Girl Bag by sewsweetness. I bought this awhile back and finally got to try it out. I did enlarge the pattern to hold Luna's sketch book, pastels and colored pencils.

All the pieces cut and ready to assemble.


 All the goodies were put inside and wrapped for Christmas morning.


It was such a relief when she liked it!!! I wasn't sure if she would. She ended up carrying it on the plane when they went home!!! So that says a lot right there.

Next bag I shall leave all the seams out, they were wicked to sew on!!! My sewing machines were all unhappy. I had to get my old Viking out to finish the bag because the electronic machines just could not go through those thick layers.

Lesson learned!!!

Take care and Happy Sewing/Quilting-Martha

Luna, Maria, Liam and Josh. They took a short road trip to the Oregon coast
on their way to Astoria for one night. Wanted to see the places where the Goonies were filmed.
I grew up in Astoria, so Josh knows all the places!!!
We sure enjoyed their visit!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Recycling old jean is one of my favorite things to do . . . the fabric is so durable and just looks cool :)
    Happy New Year!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Connie!! Yes, I agree with you, love the denim. I have a big stack of them so plan on making lots of denim bags for gifts and maybe even sell a couple in my Etsy store. So fun!!!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(