Saturday, November 11, 2017

Quilt Repair

Well this is the done picture. I tried getting a good photo but "someone" wanted to play. You can see the repair in the upper left corner.

One of the Dr.s who work in the clinic with us brought in a very old quilt that her puppy had decided to chew on. She was hoping that I could mend it.

I had to think about it for awhile and then look for fabric. I was SO DISAPPOINTED to only find a cotton poly blend fabric. The 100% cotton did not match at all. And lavender is really hard to match, there are so many variations. So I went with it.
This is the after picture. I cleaned up the chewed parts so that
I could create a simple applique design. 
So here is what I did in photos.






You can see where some of the batting is missing
so I made a little hill to fill it in.

Ready to hand applique.

I even added the hand quilting to continue the design that was
there.







It's a sweet quilt and I am very glad that she was pleased with the repair.

Now back to my Christmas quilt!!!

Happy Quilting!!
Martha

3 comments:

  1. Great job on that repair! I think you've nailed the best approach to that particular issue. I'll keep that filed in my memory for future repairs (daughter who loves quilts also loves animals and has a dog plus 3 cats at the moment!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hank you again!!! I had to give it a lot of thought and hand applique just seemed the best choice. :^)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(