Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A little here and a little there

Life is so busy for everyone these days and I also seem to be running here and there. Same with my sewing/quilting projects. I have SO many that I am working on at the same time!!!

I just finished appliqueing this little Dear Jane block today. D-7 World Series.

My husband had sinus surgery yesterday so I needed a handy little project to bring to the hospital with me. His surgery did not go well, ended up losing 2 units of blood and ended up in the ICU for the night. We are both exhausted. Him more than me. And he is hurting. I got him home today. SO very glad to have him home.

Last weekend I reorganized my sewing room. Still more work to do trying to fit it all in and feel like I have elbow room. This corner is much improved and now I have a working DVD player to watch quilt videos!!!

Before we left for the hospital yesterday I made a quick lining for my little Madeline lunch box. My things clanked around noisily and I have been wanted to fix that.


PERFECTION!!!

And lastly, I am still working on this quilt. Tons of tiny tiny free-motion quilting. It is going to take me weeks to finish. My new plan is 15 minutes a day. If I have time, I add another 15 minutes. It might just be done by Christmas!!!

Oh, one more to show you. I have had a pile of Christmas fabrics that were part of a group exchange for a long time, at least 12 years now. So I decided that we need a new Christmas quilt to cuddle under, and the perfect design is the Jelly Roll Race quilt.

I am not racing anyone but myself. 

I haven't gotten really far yet, but I am not going to rush it. I just want to start enjoying the process!!!


You can see how far I've gotten. I sewed the ends together to make a very very very long pieced strip, now I am sewing the first section. It will take me awhile but that's ok, it's fun and it will be a great new quilt for the family.

Our oldest is coming here for Christmas with his fiance and her two children, our soon to be grandchildren. So excited!!!!! So I need to make sure there are blankets and quilts for everyone as they are coming from Phoenix and aren't used to the chilliness here.

I have more to show you but will save it for the next blogpost.

Take care, Happy Quilting!! Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(