I tried entering the challenge but came up two weeks late on my finish!! Oh well, I gave it a good shot, but work has been so draining for the last several months that I could not muster up enough energy to finish on time.
I will be honest, I am not totally happy with this. I like the quilting, but the design just doesn't cut the mustard as they say!!!???
|I started with this design, which is hard to see in the quilt.|
I am planning on making another quilt with this, but with
fabrics that will show off the design and shapes!!
|Here are the fabrics they gave us. You could use what you|
wanted, add any solids and any other Michael Miller
|I added this floral. I just loved it!!! And I did not use the|
bright orange fabric. I also added gray and white fabrics.
|I retraced the pattern|
|cut it up|
|decided fabric placement and began paper piecing it back|
|Played around with centers and borders for a bit|
|I used this awesome stencil from The Stencil Company|
|I kind of layered the spirals all over the quilt|
|Then got to work using my free motion foot|
|It was a bit bumpy when done. I used two layers, |
wool and cotton.
|So I put it in the tub and let it soak for awhile|
|Layed it on the guest bed, squared it up|
and pinned well until dry!
|Now it is lying very flat!!|
|And finally done. Oh, the little flowers were also painted.|
I drew them out when I was working on the spirals, so as
I came to each one, I quilted around them, then painted
them when it was all done.