Friday, February 14, 2014

Grandchildren got their quilts!!!

I finally got their quilts done and brought them over last night!! Now they have quilts from their Nana!! Aren't they both adorable?? The photo session did not start out quite like this photo. See the bottom for the first few pics :)
I did the disappearing 4-patch, same fabrics for both. Haydens are little blocks and Coopers bigger since he is a big boy!! Both quilts are flannel backs for warm cuddles!!
Photo 1- we are not interested in pictures!!
Photo 2-what is daddy doing?
Photo 3-daddy is being really silly!! And photo 4 is the one at the top!! :^) Thank goodness her daddy, my son, can get her to smile!!! Cooper on the other hand is usually a smiley little guy!! He was so excited to recieve his quilt!!
While we were at the kids I noticed a huge heavy quilt!! It was made by my daughter in laws grandmother. So awesome!!! Love it and it is all hand quilted!!

Really love this quilt, what a treasure for the kids!!!

And here is me and Hayden today. My first time watching her!!! Got to spend a few hours with our little princess, lovely!!


Well, that's it for now. I am working on my Riley Blake Challenge for the rest of the weekend. Hopefully it will be completed by Sunday afternoon in time to be posted on the Modern Quilt Guild page!!!

Take Care, Thanks for the visit, Happy Quilting, and keep those scissors sharp!! Martha

5 comments:

  1. Martha, those quilts are lovely, and so are your grandchildren. Can I do a swap, that gorgeous little grand daughter in exchange for one of my five handsome grandsons ha ha. Of course I am just kidding, but I would love a little girl in our family to sew for. Best wishes Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quilts turned out so lovely! I enjoyed those pictures of your beautiful grandchildren! Such darling little angels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice quilts which I am sure the grandchildren will treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandkids are so cute and I love the quilts you made for them. It will be special to have a quilt from their Nana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - quilts and grandbabies! And what a lovely heirloom quilt - love those handquilted beauties.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(