Tuesday, December 3, 2013

MugRug Exchange


We're having our annual End of the Year Celebration Dinner at our Guild tonight and we're doing a mugrug/coaster exchange. I forgot all about it until Sunday afternoon!!! EEEK!!!

So I went searching on the internet for a fun and easy mugrug pattern. Yes, I could have designed my own, but, I have so many things going on I decided to go find one. And I did just that. I found this really cute tutorial at Terri's blog-SEWFANTASTIC!! You can find the tutorial here :^)

 And sew it begins!
Easy piecey!
All rows done and ready to sew together!
All sewn
White borders added.
Trimmed
Quilted. some of my lines are not straight, but who's looking!?? :^)
Trimmed again.
Binding done and mugrug finished!! I sewed it on the back and machine stitched it to the front to save time and since it should be used a lot, it will be more durable in the wash.
With the extra time, I decided to make a couple coasters for the lucky new owner!
Ta da!! Done with time to spare. I even made a batch of brownies this morning while sewing. The brownies are for our dessert. We have about a dozen members bringing pot luck desserts. The food is being catered by our local Italian restaurant. Vegetarian Lasagna, Salad, Breadsticks=Yummy meal and fabulous company!!


Take care friends, Happy Quilting, and keep those scissors sharp!! Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(