Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday Works In Progress or WIP

I joined the Modern Quilt Guild as an individual and noticed that they were having a Riley Blake Designs-basic Challenge. We all got these fabrics, fat 8ths, free in the mail!!! We have until December to get the quilts made and posted on the MQG site.

I am going to do something super simple because I have way too many WIP's!! Seriously!! I stopped counting at 29!!!
My sketch. I like the way the fabrics look just laying there. So why not leave them be?

So here is their progression. I trimmed each piece up
 Cut two strips 2 1/2 " wide
 Cut about 4 inches off the ends of those
 Lined them back up 
 Moved the pieces according to the drawing
 And continued down the row


 Until they were all cut and layed out in order. 
Now time to sew them together.
There will be a little more design to this piece. Not sure if this is considered modern or not. I am still feeling a little bewildered with the new modern movement in quilting. I love the quilts I see others doing, but,  I'm thinking that I am so old school that I may not understand the concept. I will find out what the others think when I submit my photo to the group!!

Take Care, have a lovely week, Happy Quilting, and keep those scissors sharp!!! Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(