Friday, July 26, 2013

Yaquina Head Lighthouse Quilt


We are visiting our son in Phoenix AZ, and this quilt is hanging in the guest room!!

Yaquina Head Lighthouse is on the Oregon coast. 

To be totally honest, I have no idea when this quilt was finished-no label on the back!!! I made it probably 7 years ago, could be more, and hopefully I have some better documentation at home!

I tie dyed  background fabric when my DH was still teaching. At the end of the school year I would teach the kids how to tie dye t-shirts. I decided to make some pieces of fabric this year since I had made so many t-shirts in previous years. 

I was just teaching myself how to do free-motion quilting at the time. It's good to see that I have improved since then :-)


So,lesson learned!!!! Label those quilts!!!

Take care, Happy Quilting, and keep those needles sharp!!! Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(