Saturday, June 29, 2013

Dear Jane's Little School-block #2

Well, I got block #2 done for my Dear Jane's Little School quilt. The Dear Jane block I used is D-7-Meeting Place. I thought it was a perfect name for a block in this quilt. The schools used to be the social center of a community, so very fitting for this little quilt!!

I also decided to do another block for My Dear Jane quilt! May as well do two at a time. I used white thread in both, so it made it quite simple.

This is the fabric I chose for the Dear Jane quilt block.
and here is a close-up of the school house fabric.
I paper pieced these blocks. Before the final trimming! The rock is from our camping trip last weekend. I brought paints for the two little ones. We painted rocks, sticks, and a couple birdhouses I brought along!!!
My Dear Jane-D-7 Meeting Place
Ditto!!
The piecing of my Dear Jane blocks are quite simple because I found a fabulous blog that gives the best instructions for Dear Jane block construction. Aunt Reen at 13 Months of Jane is fabulous!!!! Her instructions and photos are SO easy to follow!! Now, when I am preparing to do a new block, I check out her blog to see how she put hers together!!! Thank you so very much Aunt Reen, you are making this Dear Jane adventure a wonderful one for me!!! :^)

If you are interested in making your own Dear Jane quilt, be sure to check out her blog!!!

Well, that's all for today!!! I need to get outside and start hauling a few wheel-barrows full of dirt!!! Fun!!!

Until later, Take Care, Happy Quilting, and keep those scissors sharp!!! Martha

1 comment:

  1. I like that block. I haven't seen a school house block quite like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(