Saturday, April 6, 2013

Quilting and sewing tasks to do today!!

I finally finished all the quilting on this little piece from the 2012 Free Motion Quilting Challenge from the November tutorial by Sarah Vedeler. I just needed to finish the border quilting. The binding is ready is ready to go and I just need to get the hanging sleeve made and then sew them both on, which will be done today!!

I also removed the binding from my quilt, The City of Phoenix. The quilt did not lie flat, it had a big oops sticking out on two sides, you know, the big wave!!! So I decided to take the binding off and work with the quilt with a bit of water. It is a lot flatter now and I will resew the binding on today!!

 I had sewn the binding on quickly because I had a deadline with QuiltMaker Magazine, and had sewn in an inner edge piece that was cut on the long length of the fabric. Not a good idea, no stretch whatsoever and I think that it was part of the wave problem.
So the inner edge piece is not being re-applied. Just the binding!!! And it should work much better.


I'm also quilting the border of this quilt from the 2012 Free Motion Quilting Challenge June tutorial by Cindy Needham. I am quilting purple flames, that look similar to ferns!!! You can see the fabric on the left, these will be a double binding if I can find the directions on how to make it!!! This is also on the agenda for today.

And last of all, mending a couple pair of jeans. I have gotten 4 done and have 8 more to go!!!! The goal today will be do get two done. Maybe I will get two more done tomorrow. Not my favorite activity when there are quilts in line!! Oh well. Best get stitching!!!

Take care everyone, Happy Quilting and keep those seam rippers sharp!! Martha

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! You've used your Challenge skills much better than I have...good for you. I just love your quilting.I find I'm so busy hand quilting; I rarely get to practice my FMQ. But. excuses,eh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Your quilting is fabulous! Do you quilt on a long arm or regular sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done such wonderful quilting, this makes me want to go back to last year's challenges and do the again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha,
    Awesome! Awesome! Awesome FMQ!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(