Monday, October 8, 2012

AQS Modern Mystery Quilt-Part 4


So here is Part 4 done!! Yahoo!! I am actually caught up for the very first time, what a great feeling that is!! So Part 5 comes out on Wednesday and I will be ready to jump right in :^)

So Part 4 consisted of sewing a 1" strip of fabric onto half of the semi-circles and then sewing another circle to that.
All the strips sewn on and ready for the other side.

One block done and 14 to go!!
The second part of Part 4 was to cut the remaining fabrics, not including the background fabric, into 3" X 2-5" strips, and sew those together to about 40" in length.

All my 3" pieces cut and ready to piece.

My pile of scraps!!!!!

Sewing all the pieces together!!! Hmmm......makes me think of a confetti factory!!!
This has been a really fun experience. Not knowing what to expect each week is so exciting!! Two more Wednesdays, and we will all know what the final quilt will look like!!! WOW!!! If you are interested in seeing many other color combinations in this particular mystery quilt, check out the American Quilters Society's "MyPlace" and then go to the Modern Mystery Quilt group. You should be able to click on this link and it will take you there, :^) http://myquiltplace.com/group/modern-mystery-quilt You will see lots of fabulous quilts being made. Amazing fabrics!!!!

So until my next posting, take care, happy quilting and keep those needles sharp!!!! Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(