Sunday, November 27, 2011

Painting/Stamping a design for a small quilt

Well over a year ago I was watching a Quilting Arts program, I think, on an artist who stamped and painted her pieces. I just had to try it, but I had limited fabric paints. So, I decided to use what I had and just dove in. This is the little quilt I came up with!! Apples! It was fun and easy, a little time consuming painting the background behind the apples, but well worth all the time spent. Here is how I did it:
1. Gather all supplies, paint, prepared fabric, paint brushes, plastic to protect work surface, apples, paper towels.
2. Read on the fabric paint you are using on how to set the paint.
3. Cut apples in half and lay on paper towel to pull some of the moisture out, about 30 minutes.
4. Now have fun! Apply the paint to the apple or fruit of your choice, them stamp onto the fabric.
5. Once the painted fruit is dry, paint the background of the fruit. I started by painting about 1/8" away from the edge of the fruit, then filling in the entire background. A very fun project!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment!! :^) I will try to get back to you as soon as possible with a personal email. If your are a no reply commenter, I will leave you a reply on my blog!
As of 1/10/14-all comments are reviewed before posting due to an increase in spammers :(