Sunday, November 27, 2011
Painting/Stamping a design for a small quilt
1. Gather all supplies, paint, prepared fabric, paint brushes, plastic to protect work surface, apples, paper towels.
2. Read on the fabric paint you are using on how to set the paint.
3. Cut apples in half and lay on paper towel to pull some of the moisture out, about 30 minutes.
4. Now have fun! Apply the paint to the apple or fruit of your choice, them stamp onto the fabric.
5. Once the painted fruit is dry, paint the background of the fruit. I started by painting about 1/8" away from the edge of the fruit, then filling in the entire background. A very fun project!!